Ads 468x60px

EBooks

EBooks

Many EBooks are located here...

Read More
Softwares

Softwares

Softwares downloading Place...

Read More
GRE

GRE

The Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) is a standardized test that is an admissions requirement for many graduate schools in the United States...Materials for GRE...

Read More
Hacking

Hacking

some Hacking Techniques. how to hack and many more you can find in this...

Read More
Aptitude

Aptitude

In this we Aptitude and Reasoning books and Question Papers...

Read More
Puzzles

Puzzles

Many puzzles and Puzzle books......

Read More

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Master Of The Game - Sidney Sheldon






I had never thought to pick up a Sidney Sheldon novel until a couple of months ago when I was helping a customer to find a particular book. She told me how great his stories were and that the characters seemed so real, even if they turned out to be pretty bad people! I love family saga stories, you know, the ones that follow the same family for generations, and the book my customer was looking for fell into that category. I found the customer her book and found a second copy to look at. I read a few pages at lunch and I was sold! Sadly Mr. Sheldon passed away a few years ago just days before turning 90 years old, but he has left 3 decades of writing behind for all of us to enjoy (not to mention early in his career he wrote for movies and television winning him an Oscar, an Emmy, and a Tony). Master of the Game was a great introduction and now I have at least another 17 to go!  


WHO IS KATE BLACKWELL?


She is the symbol of success, the beautiful woman who parlayed her inheritance into an international conglomerate. Winner of a unique position among the wealthy and world-renowned. And she''s a survivor, indomitable as her father, the man who returned from the edge of death to wrench a fortune in diamonds from the bleak South African earth. Now, celebrating her ninetieth birthday, Kate surveys the family she has manipulated, dominated, and loved: the fair and the grotesque, the mad and the mild, the good and the evil-- her winnings in life. Is she the...




MASTER OF THE GAME?


The story follows Kate Blackwell's family from her father's early days travelling from Scotland to South Africa in search of diamonds at the turn of the century and then later how over time she takes control. You see what she gains and what she looses, you see what people will do for power (even if it means driving some to murder). I read this book in a week and I am normally a slow reader as I have mentioned before, this story I could not put down. Even when reading parts where I totally despised the characters (most end up doing some pretty horrible things at some point in their lives) the storytelling made me keep going!   Great book, must read, enjoy!!!!





0 comments:

Post a Comment